Thursday, December 18, 2008

Variance Is A *****

A failure is a man who has made mistakes, but is not able to cash in on the experience. So I am not going to do the typical rant (that everyone does) about how I've been running so bad and poker gods must hate me so much and how I am the unluckiest person in the world. Because quite frankly we all go through the same slumps and coolers its just part of poker. Variance is a ho that messes with everyone lol. Its just how you deal with her that seperates the good players from the great players. So rather then complain I am going to take advantage of her and use her to enhance myself more as a player. I also realize that my slump is not entirely due to the fact that I've had a really bad run of cards (although mostly it is due to that fact) but I'm going to keep it real....I have not played a few hands particulary well. I really need to work on
1-How to play small pocket pairs on raised pots out of position during the early blind levels
2-All in Calling ranges during the 25/50 blind levels when the villain has between 600-1000 chips and just keeps going all in randomly(I am going to be studying The SAGE. System for the next two days maybe this will help)
3-How to better play super Aggro. players during the early blind levelsI know that every player is different and no set system is guaranteed to work 100% of the time but Aristotle said it best "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit"I believe that this is true for a lot of things in life particuarly poker so I will continue to beta test new techniques and winning strategies until I am able to almost always play each hand I come accross in every scenario flawlessly. I will also be posting the hand histories of hands I feel meet this criteria.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, just came across your blog. I like the idea, I'm interested to see your progress. If you feel like throwing up another link I can link you on mine also. Good luck dude!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and I can definetly fit some more links so no problem. Also I will try and update daily so keeep stopping by

    ReplyDelete