Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Week 1 April Update

The First week of April turned out to be a complete dissapointment. In terms of volume and money I completely failed. Dispite staying home basically all week I still only magaged to get 120 games in. This is mostly because when I am running bad I usually only 1 table so I can concentrate better and win games I really shouldnt win. But 1 tabling 4 mans is like torture especially when you are losing. Playing 1 game for 30-45 minutes and then lose is def a slap in the face so I am back to 2 tabling I don't care if I'm losing.
The good news is I have managed to turn my April downward spiral into basically a breakeven stretch and I am even up +10 buyins since last post.
The bad news is I am still in the negative for this month in the tune of about 17 buy ins ($600).
Regardless I still have high hopes for this month and once variance stops being a bitch I am confident that I can get back on track to another big month.
On a side note I have noticed that short term downswings and breakeven periods actually make me a better player and person. So I am going to use this to be a more humble and grateful Person. I now realize that the $$$ I win is not always a guarentee regardless of how large my edge is on the game. +$5000 months are sexy but not essential. As long as I make enough to cover my bills, maintain my lifestyle (I'm a life nit so thats not hard) enjoy life, play my best, get a good volume in and keep on enhancing as a player I'm goot. Hokiegreg once said practice makes perfect doesnt apply to poker but I desagree. I feel that the more I play the better I get. My reads become more dead on and my general understanding of the game and other players logic enhances, thats why sometimes I dont mind shortterm breakeven or losing sessions because I gain experience and humility. Thats it for now, hopefully by next update I will be out the red for the month! (Fingers Crossed)

Current Roll: $9,885

1 comment:

  1. Haha, awesome quote:

    "+$5000 months are sexy but not essential."

    No worries man, I saw the "no chat" posting, and instantly recalled the last time I told some clown jerkoff where to stick the variance.

    Do you know what Hokie's deal is? I loved reading his blogs and seems like he has dropped off the face of the earth?

    Good luck at the tables, keep owning souls, and riding out the downswings/breakevens.

    ReplyDelete